WP Re-Importer 1.1 is now available, and contains the following improvements:
- Checks for existing posts during import now compares the post name rather than post title.
- Fix post meta being duplicated on multiple imports.
- Allow imported posts’ post_parent to be set to a post not in the import (e.g. an existing post).
The 1.0 release was only a few days ago, so if this is the first time you’ve heard of WP Re-Importer, it’s a fork of the standard WordPress Importer plugin and adds the following features:
- Importing content that already exists will add the new version as a post revision.
- A default parent post can be set for content that doesn’t have a hierarchy defined in the WordPress export file.
If you don’t need these features, you should use the standard WordPress Importer. Download WP Re-Importer 1.1 today from WordPress.org.