WP Re-Importer 1.1 is now available, and contains the following improvements:
- Checks for existing posts during import now compares the post name rather than post title.
- Fix post meta being duplicated on multiple imports.
- Allow imported posts’ post_parent to be set to a post not in the import (e.g. an existing post).
I’ve released a new plugin today; say hello to WP Re-Importer. As a fork of the standard WordPress Importer plugin, WP Re-Importer adds the following features:
- Importing content that already exists will add the new version as a post revision
- A default parent post can be set for content that doesn’t have a hierarchy defined in the WordPress export file